Friday, May 21, 2010

Inspiration.


Inspired to start something new. Fresh. Fun. Feeling creative and motivated today. I saw a cover band last night. Why is it that nothing is as good as the real thing? The show was entertaining, but what made the night for me was the drummer. I watched him during his solo, eyes closed, spit dripping off the side of his mouth, the music moving through his body. He played effortlessly and the crowd watched, fascinated by the sounds he was producing with his sticks, then his bare hands. Oh how I wish everyone had a chance to make it big, share their talent with the world. Good music is far to beautiful not to share.



Going to California - Led Zeppelin 
Spend my days with a woman unkind 
Smoked my stuff and drank all my wine 
Made up my mind, make a new start 
Goin' to California with an achin' in my heart 
Someone told me there's a girl out there 
With love in her eyes and flowers in her hair 

Took my chances on a big jet-plane 
Never let 'em tell ya that they're aw-ooh-all the same 
Hoh, the sea was red and the sky was grey 
I wonder how tomorrow could ever follow today-hee 
Mountains and the canyons start to tremble and shake 
The children of the sun begin to awake 
Now 
Watch out 

It seems that the wrath of the gods got a punch on the nose 
And it's startin' to flow, I think I might be sinkin' 
Throw me a line, if I reach it in time 
Meet you up there where the path runs straight and high 

Find a queen without a king 
They say she plays guitar and cries and sings, la-la-la-la 
Ride a white mare in the footsteps of dawn 
Tryin' to find a woman who's never, never, never been born 
Standin' on a hill in the mountain of dreams 
Tellin' myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers