Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Creative little me.



The Starry Night


The Café Terrace on the Place du Forum, Arles, At Night


Still Life: Vase with Twelve Sunflowers


Van Gogh is the theme in tonight’s art class. He was an impressionist painter whose work had a major influence on 20th century art for its vivid colors and emotional impact. He shaped the foundations of modern art with his hundreds of pieces including self portraits, landscapes and sunflowers. His palette moved from somber earth tones in his earlier years to brighter colors and a highly developed and recognizable style after he moved to France in the late 1880’s and discovered the French Impressionists. Today, Van Gogh is one of the most well known artists of all time.

Tonight I am going to get my inspiration from a mix of Van Gogh’s landscape pieces and my own lily pond photos I have taken over the years… lets see what masterpiece I can create :-)




On another creative note, I have entered into the world of beading and below are a collection of my first few pieces.





A little music to help set the mood...  sante. xxx


width="425" height="344">

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers