Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Healthy eating.

Summer is just around the corner (finally!) and my goal is to lose 3 more kilos by Christmas when my friends arrive.  I couldn't be more excited to have my friends here to spend our very first Christmas together, on the beach no less.   I plan on rocking a santa hat and bikini all day long which means I have three months to eat right and get into a good work out routine.  I already do both of these as I do believe keeping fit and being healthy is a lifestyle, not a diet. But with summer nearing and friends visiting and my departure back home to the states being a mere 4 months away, all the more reason to look my best.  Lucky for me, my bf is a chef and feels the same way as I do about health and fitness, so I have been capturing some photos of the food we eat (and he prepares) on a regular basis.  The food consists of little oils, lots of fruit and veg, white meats and fish and even a little treat every now again.  These images are not the most aesthetically pleasing images you have ever seen, but you get the picture...


Weet bix, corn flakes, mixed berries and skim milk




Protein shake - bananas, kiwi, mixed berries, raw oats, fat free yogurt, orange juice, whey protein powder, flaxseed oil


Green tea, whole grain toast and strawberry jam, fresh fruit


Orange juice, scrambled eggs with tomato, green pepper, onion, rye wrap, organic yogurt, avocado and salsa


Fat free cottage cheese and tomato on a rye cracker


Wheat bread, oven roasted turkey, onion, tomato, avocado, cucumber, lettuce and a sliced apple


Rye wrap, tuna and onion, lettuce and an apple


Whole grain muffin, oven roasted turkey, spinach, carrot, onion, tomato, cucumber, watermelon and rock melon


Steamed Artichoke


Quinoa salad with onion, cucumber, tomato and mint


Laksa Soup


Barramundi, coconut rice, and broccolini


Crumbed chicken salad, tomato, cucumber, coriander, onion and lettuce


Veggie burger on pita bread, lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber and carrot


Chicken salad, kidney beans, tomato, carrot, cucumber, lettuce, spinach, jalapeno and coriander 


Grilled Salmon, couscous, and grilled vegetables


Vegetable soup - carrots, broccoli, chick peas, red pepper, bok choy and celery 


Mexican style chicken soup - chicken, kidney beans, tomatoes, red pepper, onion, coriander, organic yogurt, guacamole and tapatio


Brown rice and steamed veggies


Rye wrap and a chicken salad - chicken, chick peas, cucumber, red pepper, tomato, lettuce, hard boiled egg


Chicken Sandwich on Linseed bread with onion, tomato, avocado and lettuce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers